Please note: This programme does not provide Nursing & Midwifery Council Registration and the opportunity to practice as a nurse in the UK.
Nurses worldwide are at the forefront of innovation and development in health and social care delivery. There are increasing demands on nurses to cope with advances in technology and role change whilst drawing on evidence-based practice and working in dynamic environments to ensure the best-quality outcomes for their patients.
In the current climate of international mobility, the ability to work effectively with people of varied cultures has become essential, as healthcare delivery may conflict with patients’ cultural beliefs, standards and practices.
The vision for this Award is to develop nurses/midwives who are able to actively engage in lifelong learning, work effectively with people of varied cultures, beliefs and practices and evaluate evidence-based practice and literature to inform, advance and lead practice and service delivery.
Through the use of face to face teaching, alongside technology enabled learning, International Nursing Studies programme at the University of Bradford will provide a rich learning environment and opportunity for exchange of perspectives and experiences on many levels for international students, not just culturally but also around service developments and the challenges for nursing care delivery.
Furthermore, the Award will provide a diverse and enriching opportunity for students, as part of a nursing/midwifery community of practitioners, to examine barriers to health care.
By advancing and facilitating levels of strategic thinking, debate, criticality and analysis, the Award will impact on students area of practice, professional role and provide the necessary knowledge to underpin developments in nursing/midwifery.
One of the University of Bradford's goals is to equip all our students with the attributes and capabilities to be confident and capable in their life beyond university.
- Whilst following this programme of study you will engage with learning through a range of teaching methods - these methods are dependent on modules studied. However, student-centred approaches to learning are a feature of the modules and you will be expected to take responsibility for your learning as you develop your academic skills. There are a number of approaches to the manner in which modules are delivered and these include study day attendance, distance learning and blended learning.
- The aims of the teaching and learning strategies have been designed so that you will be given the opportunity to develop theoretical understanding, advance your knowledge and critical thinking and develop technical skills. The modules offer you the capacity to acknowledge and build upon the knowledge and skills you may have acquired through previous learning experiences including those in the work place.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 250 other Masters in Nursing in United Kingdom
- A first degree in a relevant subject area, NVQ level 6 or equivalent or a relevant postgraduate qualification
- Nursing registration with the Professional body in the student’s home country
- Students whose qualifications do not meet the entry requirements above, but who have significant experience and other evidence of ability to study at this level will also be considered
International21930 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21930 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9004 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9004 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bradford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.