On our specialised Inclusion, and Special Educational Needs (SENCo) postgraduate degree, you will study modules from courses such as Autism, Language, Literacy and Dyslexia, Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties and Inclusion and Special Educational. Those who are undertaking the MEd will also work towards completion of a dissertation under the supervision of University of Birmingham staff.
The Inclusion (SPMLD) degree from University of Birmingham uses a variety of delivery modes including distance learning and blended learning depending on the pathway taken. The MEd dissertation supervision may be completed wholly online.
This degree is designed to supplement SENCOs already working in the field who wish to follow a more specialist special educational needs pathway. It is highly suited to those who aspire to develop inclusion within schools and across local areas and multi academy trusts. The qualification is also of use for those wishing to work in local authority or advocacy roles.
Many of our graduates successfully apply for roles working with children and young people with special educational needs. The course also provides an opportunity to work towards a further professional qualification in the field of Education, which includes progression to a PhD.
- Intervention and Curriculum Management for Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD) / Dyslexia
- Dyslexia, Language and Literacies in Development
- Key Perspectives on Dyslexia – The Graduated Approach
- Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties: Strategies, Interventions and Approaches (Distance Education)
- Improving Classroom Achievement (Distance Education)
- Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties: Identification, Assessment & Provision (Distance Education)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Educational Research View 96 other Masters in Special Education in United Kingdom
You must hold the following academic qualifications:
- A good first degree
- The National Award for Special Educational Needs Coordination (NASENCo)
You must also hold:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS),
- OR Qualified Teacher Learning Status (QTLS),
- OR Early Years Teacher Status (EYTS - appropriate for ages 0-5 only)
International6810 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6810 GBP per year during 24 months.
National3540 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3540 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.