Why study a Masters in Formulation Engineering at Birmingham?
- In this Formulation Engineering programme from University of Birmingham, we focus on the principles underlying the design, development and efficient and sustainable manufacture of formulated products, with examples drawn from multiple sectors of the industry. Such products include formulated foods, fast-moving consumer goods, medical devices and pharmaceuticals.
- Our themed optional modules enable you to specialise in areas of formulation engineering that interest you; from the production and formulation of pharmaceuticals, generation of bioproducts, clean energy including hydrogen fuel cells and thermal energy storage, and the business surrounding chemical and process engineering.
- Teaching is led by our world-leading research in formulation engineering, and during the research project MSc students work within research groups on an original research project in the area of formulated product design, development or manufacture.
- Birmingham has been challenging and developing great minds for more than a century. With over 35,000 students and 7,000 staff, today we are one of the world’s leading universities. Characterised by a tradition of innovation, research at the University has broken new ground, pushed forward the boundaries of knowledge and made an impact on people’s lives – a tradition that this programme proudly continues.
- Benefit from our collaborations with world-class industry partners, and international, leading-edge engineering and science departments.
There is a great demand for chemical engineers in industry worldwide. This course gives you a professional basis for a career in a variety of industries.
Our Careers Network offers a range of events and support services designed to help you maximise your employability: from networking opportunities and career coaching workshops, to our effective-careers-strategy toolkit and one-to-one guidance. We also offer subject specific careers consultants and advisers for each college and a dedicated careers website for international students. Further information is below.
- Food structure for performance
- Future Engineering of Food
- Industry 4.0 and big data
- Measurement, Sensors and Design of Experiments
- Non-ideal materials
- Research Project
- Business and Strategy Development
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 137 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in United Kingdom
You should have, or expect to obtain, a 2:1 Honours degree in a relevant subject (eg, Chemical Engineering or Chemistry with sufficient Mathematics).
International25740 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25740 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National10620 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10620 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
UK Part-time £5,130
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.