The automotive engineering landscape is rapidly changing with the advent of connected and autonomous vehicles. Automotive engineers are now expected to work in interdisciplinary design teams, to develop scalable, multidisciplinary systems models covering all aspects of the product lifecycle from conceptual design of the user interaction, through to verification and validation of designs and systems, and all the way through the operation phases of the system lifecycle.
This Master’s programme in Automotive Systems Engineering from the University of Bradford provides both engineering broadening and deepening by exposing you to a range of automotive engineering and computer science topics to prepare you for a role in industry.
You will have the opportunity to work on interdisciplinary automotive team projects with a focus on systems engineering, and at the same time will gain expertise in a chosen specialist research area as part of your MSc Project.
Automotive Systems Engineering is an emerging area with a predicted high demand for specialist engineers working on and around the areas of connected and autonomous vehicles.
Graduates from this course will also be skilled to work within a diverse range of disciplines across transportation and Mechanical Engineering. You can expect to work in industries such as:
Graduate salaries can range from:
- Starting: £20,000 - £28,000
- With experience: £30,000 - £45,000
- Senior: £60,000+
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Modelling and Optimisation
- Big Data Systems and Analytics
- Team Project
- Automotive Tribology and Noise Vibration and Harshness
- Vehicle Powertrain and Dynamics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Automotive Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 149 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United Kingdom
- A second-class honours degree or above (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Applications from candidates with physics, mathematics, and computer science degrees with relevant background in maths and physics, are welcomed.
- Candidates who do not fulfil the normal entry requirements but have extensive industrial experience in a related area will be considered on an individual basis.
International20885 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20885 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8784 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8784 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bradford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.