The knowledge and experience you will gain from this course will place you in an ideal position to inform the development of Learning and Teaching within international educational contexts and support further improvement. It will enhance your ability to lead research and practice in areas of curriculum development, Learning and Teaching.
On the Education (Learning and Teaching) from University of Birmingham you will:
- Engage with leading academics;
- Be part of a research-informed community which harnesses cutting-edge and seminal research literature; conducting research and enquiry to review and reflect on professional practice including aspects of pedagogy, assessment, Learning and Teaching;
- Develop capacity for rigorous and critical analysis of evidence from research and evidence from practice in international educational contexts;
- Develop your own specialist areas of expertise through research, enquiry and other practice-focused assignments.
Your University of Birmingham MA Education (Learning and Teaching) qualification is evidence of your ability to succeed in a demanding academic environment. Employers target Birmingham students for their drive, diversity, communication and problem-solving skills, their team-working abilities and cultural awareness, and our graduate employment statistics have continued to climb at a rate well above national trends.
With a strong focus on connecting research to practice, and using and analysing evidence, this programme also provides a firm basis for students wishing to pursue further study on a PhD programme.
- Learning, Teaching and Research
- Curriculum Development and Research
- Team work and Mentoring
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Adult Education Educational Psychology View 3 other Masters in Educational Psychology in United Arab Emirates
All applicants must be working in an educational setting for the duration of the programme. To be considered by the University of Birmingham you will also need to meet our general entry requirements:
- A degree (equivalent to a UK Bachelors Degree of at least 2:2 or above) or a recognised equivalent qualification and this will be a condition of any offer where the degree has not already been awarded.
- 60 postgraduate credits of prior learning or certification (Please see APL guidance below)
- Two references, of which one must be academic (e.g. previous university tutor) and one professional, that confirms your current role in an educational setting and evidences your motivation and ability to study.
- A Personal Statement (minimum 500 - 700 words) on your motivation for and commitment to wanting to complete this programme of study as well as information about your educational context.
International11383 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22767 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National11383 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22767 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.