The knowledge and experience gained from the Education (Leadership) programme from the University of Birmingham will place you in an ideal position to inform school improvement and make a difference within your leadership context.
It will enhance your ability to lead school improvement by using research and evidence to develop and in some cases, challenge current practices.
On the MA Educational Leadership programme you will:
- Engage with leading academics and expert school leaders from an international context;
- Be part of a research-informed community which harnesses cutting-edge and seminal research literature and conducts research and enquiry to review and improve practice and school improvement initiatives;
- Develop capacity for rigorous and critical analysis of evidence from research and evidence from practice in improving schools;
- Develop your own specialist areas of expertise through research, leadership enquiry and other practice-focused assignments.
The MA Education (Leadership) has been designed to provide a firm basis in theory and evidence for aspiring leaders in education. This leadership may be exercised in schools, colleges or administrating authorities. Leadership may be in the form of direct responsibility for organisational strategy and practice, or it may come in the form of leading professional development.The knowledge and experience you will gain from this programme will place you in an ideal position to inform leadership for school improvement by using research-based evidence to develop and in some cases, challenge current practices. With a strong focus on connecting research to practice, and using and analysing evidence, this course also provides a firm basis for students wishing to pursue further study on a PhD programme.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Understanding School Improvement
- Leadership for School Improvement
- Educational Policy and Improving Schools
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership View 67 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Arab Emirates
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A degree (equivalent to a UK Bachelors Degree of at least 2:2 or above) or a recognised equivalent qualification and this will be a condition of any offer where the degree has not already been awarded.
- It is required for applicants to have received qualifications or professional development in areas relevant to leadership beyond their initial teacher certification or equivalent (e.g. PGCert, NPQ) or have equivalent M Level credits or professional leadership experience. This experience must equate to the equivalent of demonstrating 60 credits at postgraduate level study.
- Personal Statement on your motivation and commitment on wanting to complete this programme of study
- Evidence of sufficient English and Mathematics from your high school leavers certificate.
- Two references. One academic and one professional that confirms your current role in an educational setting and evidences your motivation and commitment to undertake further study.
International17612 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17612 GBP per year during 24 months.
National17612 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17612 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.