The knowledge and experience gained from the programme will place you in an ideal position to inform school improvement and make a difference within your leadership context. It will enhance your ability to lead school improvement by using research and evidence to develop and in some cases, challenge current practices.
On the Education (Leadership) programme from University of Birmingham you will:
- Engage with leading academics and expert school leaders from an international context;
- Be part of a research-informed community which harnesses cutting-edge and seminal research literature and conducts research and enquiry to review and improve practice and school improvement initiatives;
- Develop capacity for rigorous and critical analysis of evidence from research and evidence from practice in improving schools;
- Develop your own specialist areas of expertise through research, leadership enquiry and other practice-focused assignments.
The MA Education (Leadership) has been designed to provide a firm basis in theory and evidence for aspiring leaders in education. This leadership may be exercised in schools, colleges or administrating authorities. Leadership may be in the form of direct responsibility for organisational strategy and practice, or it may come in the form of leading professional development.
The knowledge and experience you will gain from this programme will place you in an ideal position to inform leadership for school improvement by using research-based evidence to develop and in some cases, challenge current practices. With a strong focus on connecting research to practice, and using and analysing evidence, this course also provides a firm basis for students wishing to pursue further study on a PhD programme.
- Understanding School Improvement
- Leadership for School Improvement
- Educational Policy and Improving Schools
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Management Studies View 19 other Masters in Education in United Arab Emirates
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A degree (equivalent to a UK Bachelors Degree of at least 2:2 or above) or a recognised equivalent qualification and this will be a condition of any offer where the degree has not already been awarded.
- 60 postgraduate credits of prior learning or certification (Please see APL guidance below)
- Two references, of which one must be academic (e.g. previous university tutor) and one professional, that confirms your current role in an educational setting and evidences your motivation and ability to study.
- A Personal Statement (minimum 500 - 700 words) on your motivation for and commitment to this programme of study as well as information about your leadership experience in an educational context.
International11383 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22767 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National11383 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22767 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.