The knowledge and experience you will gain from the Educational Leadership course from the University of Birmingham will place you in an ideal position to inform future improvement and make a difference to the overall performance of your school.
It will enhance your ability to lead school improvement by using research and evidence to develop, and in some cases, challenge current practices.
On the MEd Educational Leadership course you will:
- Engage with leading academics and expert local school leaders;
- Be part of a research-informed community which harnesses cutting-edge and seminal research literature and conducts research and enquiry to review and improve practice and school improvement initiatives;
- Develop capacity for rigorous and critical analysis of evidence from research and evidence from practice in improving schools;
- Develop your own specialist areas of expertise through research, leadership enquiry and other practice-focused assignments.
The Educational Leadership course is part of the Education Leadership Academy which supports inclusive, values-driven leadership in schools across the world.
This course is designed to provide a firm basis in theory and evidence for new and aspiring leaders in education. This leadership may be exercised in schools, colleges or administrating authorities or roles providing support for school improvement. Leadership may be in the form of direct responsibility for organisational strategy and practice or it may come in the form of leading professional development.
With a strong focus on connecting research to practice and using and analysing evidence, this course also provides a firm basis for students wishing to pursue further study on EdD and PhD programmes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Understanding School Improvement
- Leadership for School Improvement
- Leadership Enquiry
- Educational Policy and Improving Schools
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership View 883 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
This is a ‘fast track’ professional learning programme which requires students to have prior experience and understanding of educational leadership.
All applicants are required to:
- be currently working in a teaching, leadership or school support role;
- have a National Professional Qualification (NPQ), equivalent professional experience, or equivalent M-level credits related to school improvement and educational leadership;
- hold a good first degree, diplomas or other relevant qualifications.
National3167 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3167 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Scholarships may be available, please view the Scholarships webpage in the School of Education. International students can often gain funding through overseas research scholarships, Commonwealth scholarships or their home government.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.