The Master of Biomedical Sciences at KU Leuven provides exceptional preparation for researchers, and those seeking an optimal scientific biomedical background in order to work or teach in the critical areas of human disease and health.
Biomedical scientists will be expertly prepared for a career of exciting scientific research in academic or pharmaceutical laboratories dedicated to improving knowledge of human health, and finding prevention strategies and cures for diseases.
The individually tailored curriculum allows you to focus on the areas you want to explore in greater depth. You will be taught by biomedical and clinical researchers active in the field, keeping you closely involved and up-to-date with the latest developments.
Careers of biomedical scientists often have an international dimension, and will touch on very diverse aspects of human health. Biomedical scientists are prepared for a personal career full of scientific research, and move into academic or pharmaceutical laboratories to contribute to a better understanding of human health and finding prevention strategies and cures for diseases.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Pharmacology and Pharmacokinetics
- Human Diseases
- Pharmaceutical Medicine
- Intellectual Property and Biomedical Sciences
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBiomedicine Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 15 other Masters in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in Belgium
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To qualify for admission to the Master of Biomedical Sciences at the KU Leuven, you must:
- - Have a relevant bachelor's degree (for example Biomedical Sciences, Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences, Life Sciences.)
- - This implies a bachelor's degree obtained at a high level university with sufficient education in the following subjects: Molecular Cellular Biology, Genetics, Immunology, Anatomy, Pathology, Physiology, Microbiology, Neurosciences, Epidemiology and Statistics. Practical training is also required.
- Insufficient education in a number of the aforementioned subjects may be compensated by sufficient previous education in other subjects relevant for a Biomedical Science education (e.g. Biochemistry, Pharmacology).
- - Be proficient in English
- - Pass the administrative screening by the KU Leuven International Office.
- All applicants will be evaluated by the admission committee.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6600 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA961 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 961 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Leuven
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.