Do you want to explore the psychological and political obstacles and opportunities to our sustainable future? The Political Science - Environmental Governance and Behavior programme of the University of Gothenburg combines the focus on people’s environmental attitudes and beliefs within psychology with the focus on institutions and policy instruments within political science to explore environmental friendly possibilities. Courses address real environmental problems, such as water management, the oceans, land use, biodiversity and various airborne problems, including climate change, with emphasis on their possible solutions. Teachers are active as scholars in research-groups on these issues, including the Centre for Collective Action Research (CeCAR) and the Environmental Psychology Unit (EPU).The programme’s take-off is a core-course in political science, it proceeds with scientific method, and advances through in-depth courses on social scientific conceptualizations of the environment, environmental politics and institutions, environmental psychology and political psychology. The master’s thesis is the completing educational step.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The first semester provides advanced knowledge of main research areas within contemporary political science and gives you the opportunity to choose between four research methods courses.
- The second semester has in-depth research-oriented courses in political science.
- The third semester has courses in psychology for a full semester, or half a semester of additional research methods.
- The final semester concerns your master’s thesis project. You will independently develop and apply the theoretical and methodological knowledge and skills gained throughout the programme. Researchers with an international reputation in their field and with solid experience of guiding research projects are available as advisors.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesInternational Relations Public Policy Political Science View 23 other Masters in International Relations in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Eligible for the programme is the one who has a Bachelor's degree of 180 credits in political science, psychology, public administration, economics, business administration, human ecology, human geography or equivalent
- Applicants must prove their knowledge of English: English 6/English B from Swedish Upper Secondary School or the equivalent level of an internationally recognized test, for example TOEFL, IELTS. Any other entry requirements are documented in the respective course syllabus
- Statement of Intent
International8556 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17113 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Full education cost: 174,000 SEK
- No fees are charged for EU and EEA citizens, Swedish residence permit holders and exchange students.
Living costs for Göteborg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.