This Online MSc in Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship from the University of Portsmouth aims to help you gain creative, analytical skills that can be applied to improve any kind of business - start-up, a medium-sized enterprise or a large business across the private or public sector.
You can successfully use your knowledge to become an entrepreneur or to manage innovation for an existing business. You will be taught by academics with practical experience, so you'll receive real-world information that can be applied in your job.
This master course aims to help students even after their graduation. That's why the graduates become part of the Alumni Association which allows them to get connected with accomplished professionals from all over the world.
This MSc also involves optional face-to-face events that represent a great opportunity to socialise. This MSc has three start dates throughout the year, so you can enrol anytime is right for you.
Main reasons to study this programme
In this programme you will:
- Understand how key innovation management and entrepreneurship structures work
- Become able to guide the development of business strategies
- Understand the internal and external factors that can influence innovation
- Learn how to better target a product by conducting market studies and customer studies. Understand the impact of market changes on the company
- Understand the importance of financing business operations and the financial evaluation of new products and startups
This MSc involves assessments based on coursework and submitted online. You will be assessed through:
- Oral presentations
- Written assignments
- A dissertation
Teachers will also give you formal and informal feedback so you can improve your work in the future.
Career prospects and opportunities
The knowledge and skills gained in this Master’s course will allow you to advance your position in your current organisation, help you find a position in a new company, or even to start a new business.
As an Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship graduate, you’ll have job opportunities in many areas.
Some examples of roles are:
- Product Innovation Manager
- Innovation Specialist
- Research and Innovation Director
- Business Owner
The University of Portsmouth aims to facilitate student job placement. That's why after graduation you will be part of the Alumni Association. This way you will be able to network with professionals from all over the world and create connexions that may lead to new career opportunities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureModules included:
- Entrepreneurship Theory
- Innovation Management
- Managing New Product Development
- Entrepreneurship and Business Venturing
- Research Methods and Dissertation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship Management, Organisation & Leadership Innovation Management View 23 other Masters in Entrepreneurship in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
To be accepted in this course, you must have:
- A first or a second-class honours degree in any discipline
- English language test proof: IELTS level 6.5 with no component score below 6.0 (or other acceptable proof), if English is not your mother tongue
When applying, you’ll be required to submit the following:
- Two references
- Personal statement
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10900 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National5450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10900 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.