The Student Affairs in Higher Education MEd at the American Public University aims to develop professionals for academic advising, campus leadership, diversity services, student life, career services, financial management, and other higher education leadership roles at traditional brick-and-mortar and online education institutions. You will get real-world experience through distance education practicum opportunities at the end of the program.
Learning outcomes and curriculum are aligned to American College Personnel Association, National Association of Student Personnel Administrators, National Academic Advising Association, and Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education professional competency standards, depending on the concentration selected.
Students must choose a concentration for this degree program:
- Academic Advising
- Campus Leadership
- Career Coaching and Services
What You'll Learn
- Demonstrate organizational, management, and leadership skills used in higher education settings
- Analyze how policy development, laws, compliance, and governance impact higher education
- Demonstrate effective skills when advising diverse individuals and groups
- Use digital tools, resources, and technologies to advance student learning, development, and performance
- Analyze current research, design research studies, use statistical methods, and interpret results to inform programs and services
- Higher Education
- Ethics, Law, and Policies in Higher Education
- Social and Cultural Diversity Counseling
- Research Methods in Education
- Student Development Theory
- Student Affairs
- The U.S. College Student
- 24 months
- 84 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesSchool Counselling Higher Education View 77 other Masters in Higher Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All APU master's degree and graduate certificate programs require a bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- In addition, the following is required for admission into this program. All documentation must be provided prior to course registration: Official bachelor’s transcript showing conferral of degree with a minimum GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale, or a master’s transcript showing conferral of degree; Graduate writing sample; 3 completed character reference forms.
- If you have a non-U.S. transcript, please view the International Admissions page for more information.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application.
International6660 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 24 months.
National6660 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 24 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.