On this Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning programme from University of Birmingham, you will learn about the fundamental principles of AI and ML and how machines can perceive, explore, and understand the world around us. You will extend and apply your knowledge to real problems in a substantial individual project working with one of our world-leading researchers, many of whom are working closely with the Alan Turing Institute, the UK national institute for AI and Data Science, of which the University of Birmingham is a member. You will learn about what current generation AIs can and cannot do, about contemporary challenges, and about societal and ethical considerations so that you can make informed decisions about how AI techniques should be used in the real world.
You will study a range of compulsory modules and be able to choose from a variety of optional modules, whilst also undertaking an Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Project.
Why study Artificial Intelligence Masters/MSc at Birmingham?
- Birmingham is one of the leading universities in the country for postgraduate study in computer science, and we are proud to deliver outstanding programmes that offer a range of exciting career opportunities for students from around the world.
- State-of-the-art, multi-million pound facilities include dedicated laboratories for Computer Science students, a teaching laboratory for Robotics, and research laboratories for Security, Medical Imaging, Intelligent Robotics and Computer Vision.
- We are a partner in the Alan Turing Institute, the UK's national institute for data science and artificial intelligence.
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Project
- Current Topics in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Mathematical Foundations of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Algorithms and Complexity (Extended)
- Computer Vision and Imaging (Extended)
- Intelligent Robotics (Extended)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning View 236 other Masters in Machine Learning in United Kingdom
2:1 Honours degree (or equivalent) in a numerate discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Economics, or another programme with substantial Mathematics content).
International26640 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26640 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National10620 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10620 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.