Social Justice - Gender and Women's Studies from Lakehead University allows students to pursue a 4 FCE course based degree or, with the approval of the Social Justice Studies Committee, complete a practicum, a creative project, or a research project in lieu of the final 1 FCE of coursework.
Students doing a project or creative work when completing an MA in Social Justice Studies with a Specialization in Gender and Women's Studies will take WOME 5101 and the major research paper/project must incorporate gendered scholarship. The proposed topic must be approved by representatives of both Social Justice Studies and the Gender and Women's Studies Graduate Committee. The student must also be supervised by a Gender and Women's Studies approved member of the Social Justice Studies faculty.
The program prepares students to work, research and advocate towards a more socially just society which values equality, solidarity and human rights and recognizes the citizenship of each human being.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Women, Gender, & Social Justice
- Theories of Social Justice
- Methods and Methodologies in Social Justice
- Women and Legal Narratives
- Experiential Education in Outdoor Recreation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies Sociology Legal Studies View 37 other Masters in Gender & Sexuality Studies in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Our minimum admission requirement for international applicants is 75% or 3.0 on a 4 point Canadian scale, with an accredited university degree equivalent to a Lakehead University 4 year degree.
- We advise all international students to apply early, as admission into our programs is competitive. Should you wish to apply to a thesis program, we strongly advise you to contact a potential supervisor and have your proof of English language proficiency complete.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15332 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7666 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National5388 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2694 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Thunder Bay
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.