Nursing - Nurse Practitioner Specialization from Lakehead University is primarily intended to prepare students interested in completing the MN Nurse Practitioner program that leads to licensure as a Registered Nurse (Extended Class) nurse practitioner.
Students at Nursing - Nurse Practitioner Specialization from Lakehead University will:
- synthesize in-depth knowledge and theory related to advanced nursing practice;
- design and implement advanced nursing practice with diverse clients;
- demonstrate enhanced skills in critical appraisal and research methodologies to contribute to nursing research;
- demonstrate leadership skills to influence change in nursing and health care, and
- engage in therapeutic relational practice with individuals, families, communities, and interprofessional care providers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Nursing Philosophy/Theory
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Advanced Nursing Practice Theory
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing Health Sciences View 37 other Masters in Nursing in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Our minimum admission requirement for international applicants is 75% or 3.0 on a 4 point Canadian scale, with an accredited university degree equivalent to a Lakehead University 4 year degree.
- We advise all international students to apply early, as admission into our programs is competitive. Should you wish to apply to a thesis program, we strongly advise you to contact a potential supervisor and have your proof of English language proficiency complete.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15332 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7666 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National5388 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2694 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Thunder Bay
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.