This programme focuses on exploring the key aspects of chemical engineering that we can use to answer these three questions, with a focus on the production, distribution, storage and use of energy.
Core modules will give you an advanced understanding of advanced chemical engineering principles and concepts relevant to multiple application areas. The wide range of optional modules will allow you to develop expertise in specialist areas, with a focus on energy.
The research project (MSc only) will allow you to undertake independent research with world-leading research teams within the school. Our graduates are well prepared for a career in a variety of industries and have an opportunity to capitalise on the growing global demand for chemical engineers in many sectors, including energy.
Why study Advanced Chemical Engineering with Energy Masters at Birmingham?
- In this Advanced Chemical Engineering with Energy Masters programme from University of Birmingham , we consider the important aspects of chemical engineering in the 21st century that address the issues of the design and development of key formulated products and systems that will allow clean supply and use of energy, increase process efficiency, and enable healthy lifestyles. Such products include fuel cells, formulated foods, medical devices and pharmaceuticals
- Our themed optional modules enable you to specialise in areas of chemical and process engineering that interest you; from clean energy including hydrogen fuel cells and thermal energy storage, the production and formulation of pharmaceuticals, formulation of structured food products, generation of bioproducts, and the business surrounding chemical and process engineering.
- Teaching is led by our world-leading research in chemical engineering, and during the research project students work within research groups on an original research project.
- Explore important aspects of modern chemical engineering, addressing the design and development of energy systems, key formulated products, pharmaceuticals, and healthcare technologies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Synthetic Biology
- Measurement, Sensors and Design of Experiments
- Non-ideal materials
- Research Project (MSc only)
- Energy Storage
- Energy Systems and Policy
- Energy Systems Design
- Energy Systems Modelling
- Renewable Energy Systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry Sustainable Energy View 245 other Masters in Chemistry in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
You should have, or expect to obtain, a 2:1 Honours degree in a relevant subject (eg, Chemical Engineering or Chemistry with sufficient Mathematics).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25740 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25740 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National10620 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10620 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.