Why MSc Accounting and Finance at Birmingham?
- Accounting and Finance graduates are in high demand from a wide range of top employers for their specialist skills. Our ever-growing relationship with key employers in the sector will provide you with the opportunity to meet and network with leading global organisations.
- Our innovative modules cover topics including accounting theory, financial management, and professional integrity, and give you the opportunity to study topics such as alternative finance, social and environmental accounting and international taxation. You will gain the knowledge needed for a career as a responsible practitioner at the forefront of emerging trends in accounting and finance.
- Get ready to re-shape the future of business with a sustainable global outlook. Our Accounting and Finance course has been developed by leading researchers in the field, with a focus on cutting-edge sustainable and responsible business practices.
- You have the opportunity to take part in the award-winning Future Leaders Certificate. This extra-curricular programme gives you the chance to work on an exciting virtual live project set by a multi-national company. The Future Leaders Certificate enables you to better understand the impact technology is having on the business world and the implications for your own career.
Graduates of the Accounting and Finance programme from University of Birmingham will leave Birmingham perfectly placed to take up key accounting and financial positions or managerial and consultancy roles in the private and the public sector. Fantastic career opportunities are available at leading accountancy firms, financial institutions and multinational corporations.
Top jobs in accounting and finance include:
- Chartered accountant
- External auditor
- Strategic consultant
- Finance professional
- Retail banker
- Business development manager
- Tax advisor
- Lecturer in higher education
- Accounting Theory and Policy
- Corporate Financial Management
- Professional Integrity and The Reflective practitioner
- Advanced Management Accounting: Issues in Strategy and Accounting
- Alternative Finance
- Auditing Theory and Practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Finance Accounting View 877 other Masters in Business Administration in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Birmingham and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
A good Honours degree (2:1 or higher) or postgraduate diploma from a UK university or equivalent. You must have achieved a mark equivalent to a 2:1 (or overseas equivalent) at bachelor’s level in several Accounting and Finance modules including Financial Accounting or Financial Reporting, and Finance or Financial Management.
International27932 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27932 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National17730 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17730 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.