Comprising two master’s programs—the Emergency and Disaster Management and Homeland Security MA course at the American Public University—this online program evaluates the relationships among local, state, and federal agencies during operations. You will study all concepts of emergency management, including mitigation, hazard analysis, and terrorism. The history and evolution of the Department of Homeland Security, along with its functions and techniques, are explored.
Your learning will be deepened by field experts—faculty who are board-certified emergency managers (CEM) or who hold key positions in government, safety, or security organizations.
What You Will Do
- Organize emergency management functions and activities using contemporary emergency and disaster management concepts and federal guidelines
- Formulate policies, procedures, and protocols to allow seamless agency integration in both small and large emergency operations centers assuring compliance with the National Response Plan and National Incident Management System
- Perform economic and social analyses necessary to provide funding recommendations to appropriate fiscal authorities
- Evaluate specific domestic security challenges for the 21st century
- This program is accredited by the International Fire Service Accreditation Congress.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Emergency and Disaster Theory
- Interagency Disaster Management
- Economics of Disaster
- Crisis Action Planning
- Homeland Security and Defense
- Weapons of Mass Destruction and the New Terrorism
- Domestic Terrorism and Extremist Groups
- Resilience and Homeland Security
- Intelligence and Homeland Security
- Public Policy
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesPublic Policy Emergency & Disaster Management Terrorism & Security View 100 other Masters in Public Policy in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All APU master's degree/graduate certificate programs require a bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Please read all graduate admission requirements before applying to this program and be prepared to submit the required documentation.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application.
International22200 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
National22200 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.