The 1- or 2-year Executive International Finance programme of the University of Amsterdam combines traditional finance with innovative developments, such as fintech, blockchain and behavioural finance. You decide what field of finance you want to focus on, by choosing our General track or our Finance and Technology track. Both tracks can be followed part-time or full-time.
Why choose the Executive MSc in International Finance (MIF)?
Choose your track: General or Fintech
Explore the subject that fits your interests and ambition with 2 tracks to choose from. The General track equips you with up-to-date knowledge of international finance across various finance disciplines. Are you a finance professional with an affinity for IT and innovation and are you eager to use technology to your advantage? Then our Finance and Technology track is for you. Whichever the track you choose, you will earn the same MSc degree in International Finance.
Become an international finance professional
The breadth, depth and practical nature of our MIF programme will deepen your expertise in areas such as corporate finance and finance analysis. An overwhelming 90% of our students get hired by top-100 firms before graduation. You can accomplish that too. After earning your degree, you may easily find yourself promoted to a more managerial position with bigger responsibilities.
Personal development is key
We pay close attention to your personal development. Our MIF Leadership Programme, our extensive alumni and industry networks and our dedicated, life-long career service will help you to get to the next level in your career in finance. The international study trip to South Africa is another element of our programme that will broaden your horizons and expose you to a different dimension of international markets.
A stimulating international environment
We host an inspiring international learning community where you can maximise your potential. You will team up with fellow students from more than 20 countries with different backgrounds and academic skills, giving you the opportunity to widen your perspective and have a great learning experience.
We keep our classes small, between (40 and 50 students), so you have plenty of room to interact with your fellow students. Theory discussions will challenge your academic thinking and help you apply the acquired knowledge to real business cases and to your own company, helping you to become a confident, inspiring and committed leader in finance.
- Advanced Corporate Finance and Valuation
- Financial Analysis and Valuation
- International Financial Management
- Financial Econometrics
- Financial Derivatives
- Behavioural Finance
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Finance International Business View 73 other Masters in Finance in Netherlands
- You are required to have a degree (Bachelor, Master, PhD) from a recognised research university in a related field, such as Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, Natural Sciences, Mathematics or Corporate Law
- If you have a Bachelor's degree from a university of applied sciences, you are required to complete the pre-Master's programme, running from February to June
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant post-graduate full-time work experience is required. Internships in a financial field may also be included
- Analytical skills
- English proficiency
- We are looking for passionate students with ambition and the desire to strive for excellence. If you have a proven capacity for hard work and the willingness to contribute to a highly diverse learning environment, we encourage you to apply
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant post-graduate full-time work experience is required.
International26900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26900 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA26900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26900 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Amsterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.