The MA Global Media and Digital Cultures (online) from SOAS University of London prepares students for jobs in the media and communication sectors, government agencies, non-governmental organisations, UN bodies and international organisations.
Taught by leading scholars and drawing on SOAS expertise in the Global South, the programme provides students with a non-Eurocentric approach to addressing some of the key debates in contemporary lives – populism, hate speech, fake news, access and representation, inequalities (with a specific focus on gender and minorities) and transnational communities and diasporas. The course will expose students to the main discussions around the role and impact of global media players, including the tech companies on digital economies and futures.
Who is this programme for?
Designed for recent graduates as well as professionals who are looking to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills for careers in the media sector as well as in PR, communication systems and companies, government, education, NGOs and the UN.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global Media and Digital Cultures (online)
- Digital Diplomacy (Online Module)
- Transnational Communities and Diasporic Media (online)
- Gender, Conflict and the Middle-East (Online)
- Global Citizenship and Advocacy (Online Module)
- Muslim Minorities and the State: Historical and Contemporary Perspectives (Online Module)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Communication Sciences Media Studies & Mass Media View 16 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Your completed application will be reviewed by a member of academic staff. If your application is successful, we will send you an official offer within ten working days and you will be asked to submit the relevant supporting documentation. Once in receipt of our offer, we recommend submitting your documents immediately.
- The MA Global Media and Digital Cultures is designed for recent graduates as well as professionals who are looking to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills for careers in the media sector as well as in PR, communication systems and companies, government, education, NGOs and the UN. Applicants do not need to have an academic degree in media and communication. However, a genuine demonstrated interest in media and its role would be an advantage.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 GBP per year during 24 months.
National12000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 GBP per year during 24 months.
Our online programmes can be paid in full at the time of enrolment or on a pay as you learn basis. Pay as you learn means you pay for modules prior to enrolment (£3,000 each).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.