The MA Gender Studies (Middle East Pathway) from SOAS University of London is our newest pathway degree yet, and is introduced at a time when SOAS is celebrating its 100 years anniversary. Its main goal is to re-focus discussions related to gender and sexuality to the unique and rich region of the Middle East. This pathway coincides with the increased relevance of the Middle East to the disciplines of development and International Relations, in addition to its omnipresence in mainstream news and media.
This pathway degree is inter-disciplinary and combines a number of methodologies which include anthropological, legal, and economical approaches. Students are expected to submit weekly reaction papers, hold presentations in class and complete a 12,000 words dissertation. Students are strongly encouraged to engage with the centre by initiating activities and sharing their thoughts with fellow students and staff alike.
- Gender theory and the study of Asia, Africa and the Middle East
- Dissertation Methods for Gender Studies
- Gender in the Middle East
- Gender and Sexuality in the Middle East
- Gender, Armed Conflict and International Law
- Violence, justice and the politics of memory
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Gender & Sexuality Studies International Law View 393 other Masters in International Law in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at SOAS University of London and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- We will consider all applications with 2:ii (or international equivalent) or higher. In addition to degree classification we take into account other elements of the application including supporting statement and references.
- If an applicant does not have a bachelors degree in an appropriate field s/he may be required to complete a qualifying year or a one year diploma before entering the masters programme.
- Relevant work experience may also be taken into consideration. Individual courses may have specific entry requirements, so you are advised to consult the postgraduate prospectus for further information.
International23400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11980 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11980 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
International Postgraduate Scholarship – The Americas 2020-21
International Postgraduate Scholarship – Pakistan
International Postgraduate Scholarship – Middle East and North Africa
International Postgraduate Scholarship – Japan and South Korea
International Postgraduate Scholarship – India
International Postgraduate Scholarship – Europe
International Postgraduate Scholarship – East Asia
International Postgraduate Scholarship - Sub-Saharan Africa
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.