European Masters in Embedded Computing Systems (EMECS) from Technical University of Kaiserslautern curriculum consists of a core program, an elective program and a Master's Thesis. The core program covers the fundamentals of embedded computing systems and offers an equivalent education in all four institutions. The elective program reflects the specific profiles of the participating partner universities and their associated research institutes.
The ubiquity of embedded systems together with their increased complexity makes the market always in the hunt for new experts. The ever-increasing trend towards digitalization makes Embedded Systems one of the main drivers for innovation in:
- Automotive Systems
- Machines and Equipment
- Avionics and Aerospace
- Medical Equipment
- Public Infrastructure (smart cities, smart rural)
- Internet-of-Things (IoT)
- Environmental monitoring
- Health- and elderly care.
- Embedded System Hardware Architectures
- System Software
- System-on-Chip (SoC) Design Methodology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology Computer Sciences View 26 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in Germany
- The applicant must hold at least a B.Sc. degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related program. At the time of application preliminary transcripts are accepted. Final transcripts must be provided upon enrollment.
- The grade average of the previous study should prove high qualification of the applicant. This will normally be the case for a grade average of ‘B’ or better in terms of the ECTS grading scale.
- Applicants need to prove that they have sufficient fluency in English. We normally ask for IELTS 6.5 overall with at least 6.0 in each competency. This corresponds to a TOEFL result with a score of about 600 paper-based/250 computer-based/95 internet-based test.
- Taking the GRE test is recommended but not mandatory.
- Motivation letter
- Recomendation letters
International8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Kaiserslautern
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.