The Adapted Sport programme of University of Worcester will allow you to drive change and challenge the contested nature of adapted sport and disability through a personalised learning journey that supports your current or future career.
This course is the first of its kind in the UK and offers you the chance to enhance your self-reflection and critical skills in the field of adapted sport, which are required by many employers.
- MSc Sport (Adapted Sport)A welcoming, professional and passionate team of academics dedicated to Adapted Sport.
- A range of guest speakers who are involved in innovative practice and are specialists in their field
- Group trips to develop your professional networks
Where could it take you?
Upon successful completion of the Masters Programme, there may be opportunities for students to gain first employment, promotion within their own organisation, gain international employment or move to a senior management position in other organisations. The Masters also provides a platform to other research/higher degrees in sport and promotion in other professional organisations. The completion of the Masters may also provide students with the ability to enhance their current working practices. Completion of this Masters degree also enables interested students to pursue higher level research qualifications.
A graduate of the MSc will develop knowledge, skills and critical thinking to enable a positive contribution in a sports or business career. The purpose of the MSc is to develop well rounded, knowledgeable and empathetic people who have an ability to think critically about a variety of situations and offer a service that help their athletes/clients participate, perform and develop life skills.
- Advanced Contemporary Issues in Disability Sport, Coaching and Special Education Needs and Disability in Physical Education
- Leading People in Sport
- Applied Pedagogy and Practice in Adapted Physical Activity
- Professional Placement
- Sports Research Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Part-time: September 7
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences View 188 other Masters in Sports Management in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Worcester and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Students will normally have a 2:1 degree classification in either a sport or related discipline.
- Students who hold a relevant degree classification of either 2:2 (or below), or, a non-related degree will be considered on a case by case basis. You may be required to submit a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate experience of work within the field.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate academic capability for study at this level and strong interest and commitment in the relevant disciplines.
- Any applicants whose first language is not English or who has not been educated wholly or mainly in the medium of English must reach a minimum IELTS overall band score of 6.5 with a score of at least 5.5 in any individual component (or equivalent in an approved test in English). Or otherwise demonstrate that they have an adequate command of both written and spoken English before starting the course.
International14400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14400 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA7440 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7440 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Worcester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.