At European Studies - International Relations from Maastricht University you will look at how different European countries, with their own interests, militaries, and diplomatic corps, come together to deal with common challenges. You will examine the types of ethical and practical issues underpinning international cooperation and conflict. Key themes include international relations theory and foreign policy analysis, insights from political economy, human rights law and other fields. These issues have acquired new urgency with so much turmoil in the world, from the recent uprisings in the Middle East and North Africa to the instability in Ukraine to heightened economic cooperation among the BRICS countries.
With your all-round grasp of European institutions and integration, as well as experience in international teams and practical project work, you can look for work in:
- Diplomatic services and international organisations (Policy Advisor)
- Non-governmental organisations and think tanks (Management positions)
- Regional, national or European administration and governance (European Affairs Officer, EU Policy manager)
- International journalism (Media Analyst)
- Academia and public policy research (Research Analyst, Lecturer)
- Consultancy and public affairs (Consultant, Head of Communications)
- Post-War Europe: Political and Societal Transformations
- International Relations and Global Governance
- EU Enlargement and Neighbourhood Policy
- EU Foreign and Security Policy
- EU External Economic Policy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesInternational Relations European Studies Political Science View 72 other Masters in International Relations in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A recent passport picture
- A copy of your valid passport or your EU/EEA identity card
- A copy of your most recent certified grades transcript and a copy of your certified diploma
- submit proof of a bachelor's or master's degree,
- submit your curriculum vitae,
- write a letter of motivation,
- submit an academic paper,
- demonstrate proficiency in English.
International18200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18200 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Maastricht
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.