During the Additive Manufacturing for Full Flexibility programme from Aalto University, students will gain new skills in these areas. In manufacturing science, relevant fields include molten material physics, heat transfer, and deformation.
In design engineering, relevant fields are numerical and topological optimization, process physics simulation, new concept generation and design engineering.
In production management, relevant fields include logistics, digitalization and quality.
The student would learn the latest theoretical knowledge and know how to apply their skills in practical real-life problems.
Education and training are at heart of EIT innovation model. EITM’s educational mission is to raise a next generation of manufacturing innovators and entrepreneurs to Europe.
EIT Master School offers unique education that is both innovation and entrepreneurship driven with students in the center and supported by wide EIT community and networking possibilities.
- At Aalto University, students can learn in AM-track about physics of additive manufacturing processes, mechanical design including exploiting the design freedoms enabled for more customized products and services, and production management including the flexibility enabled for smaller lot production.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Physics Mechanical Engineering View 22 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Finland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Scanned colour copy of the original Bachelor’s degree certificate
- Scanned colour copy of the original official transcript of study records.
- If you have any other higher education degrees you wish to be taken into consideration in admissions, scanned colour copies of degree certificate and official transcript of records. If documents are not in Finnish, Swedish or English, scanned colour copies of authorised translations are required as well.
- Copy of a valid passport or an official government-issued identification card with photo and information on citizenship.
- Portfolio (electronic)
- Demonstrating proficiency in English
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Helsinki
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.