Financial technology (abbreviated as FinTech) refers to a broad spectrum of technologies and innovations that are being used to improve and automate the delivery of financial services. The FinTech industry has grown explosively in the last decade, with the advances being made in cloud computing, data analytics and artificial intelligence (AI).
To meet surging demand for high quality FinTech talent in Singapore and globally, this new flagship graduate programme in FinTech is designed to help students build a strong foundation in computing and finance, and features a range of elective modules organised along three tracks: Computing Technologies, Financial Data Analytics and Intelligence, and Digital Financial Transactions and Risk Management.
The programme is intended primarily to help prepare graduates for challenging but rewarding careers as AI software developers, data scientists, FinTech security specialists, financial quantitative analysts and other similar professions in financial institutions or FinTech firms.
Why This Programme?
· Build a solid foundation in FinTech with a programme backed by NUS School of Computing and the NUS Business School, both of which are ranked among the best schools in their subject areas*.
· Optimise learning with a customisable curriculum; choose electives according to one of three tracks or based on personalised needs, and decide which capstone project option is a better fit—an academic research project conducted under the supervision of our accomplished faculty, or an internship with a FinTech company to gain practical industry experience.
· Prepare for a career in the fast-growing FinTech sector such as a Blockchain Developer, Financial Analyst or FinTech Product Specialist.
*QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The NUS MSc in DFinTech is a 52-modular credit (MC) coursework-based Master’s Degree programme comprising:
- Core modules (28 MCs),
- Elective modules (12 MCs), and
- Capstone project (12 MCs).
Most modules are typically 4 MC.
For the Capstone project, students can choose to do either an academic research project or a FinTech internship for the two-semester capstone project.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Informatics & Information Technology Financial Mathematics View 4 other Masters in Financial Mathematics in Singapore
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at National University of Singapore and/or in Singapore, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
The minimum requirement is that the candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (computing, STEM, Finance, economics, or business).
Typical admitted candidates should possess:
- A bachelor’s degree in computing with high GPA/CAP; or
- A bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (STEM, Finance, economics, or business) with high GPA and 2 years of FinTech or IT industry experience.
- A good bachelor's degree in computing with strong FinTech or IT project or work experience.
Work experiences in FinTech, AI, or Data Analytics will be advantageous but are not required. Since a large proportion of our curriculum involves programming, non-computing students must provide sufficient evidence of python programming knowledge and/or evidence of learning advanced quantitative subjects. Exceptional students who do not meet the above requirements may still be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24000 EUR per year during 18 months.
National24000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24000 EUR per year during 18 months.
S$58,000 for full tuition fee or $38,666 per year
Living costs for Singapore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.