The history of the School of Foreign Languages is one of dedication and commitment by a team of remarkable people who set up and nurtured what has now developed into one of the top institutions in China for foreign language teaching and research. The School, grown out of the Foreign Languages Department (1977-2007), started to enroll undergraduates in 1978 and graduate students in Linguistics and Applied Linguistics in 1985 respectively, one of the first institutions in China offering such programs. With the approval of the Ministry of Education in 2010, the School now offers doctoral programs in all fields related to Foreign Languages and Literatures.
The School’s full degree programs (BA, MA, and PhD) feature the application of computer technology in language and translation teaching and research, corpus-based linguistic studies and translation studies, cognitive linguistics, and rhetoric and communication. Labs are open to both faculty and students interested in corpus-based linguistic research, computer-aided translation research, and language teaching research.
Join the Linguistics and Applied Linguistics in Foreign Languages program offered by Beihang University.
- An array of programs are provided by the Departments and Divisions, allowing students to customize their course schedules based on individual needs and achieve their professional goals.
- The School has close ties with the international community. Its strategic partners are worldwide, including leading universities in Australia, Germany, Russia, UK, and US. Every year, both faculty and students benefit from many of its exchange programs, joint research projects, and summer school programs.
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 54 other Masters in Language Studies in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Form for Master Program
- Copy of the page with personal information in the passport (ordinary passport)
- Highest Education Diploma (notarized photocopy or original one) or Certificate of expected graduation date from the University studying currently
- Notarized Transcripts
- Study or Research Plan (no less than 500 words)
- Two Recommendation Letters from Professors or Academic Experts
- Language Proficiency Certificate
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form and the Report on Blood Examination
- Certificate from the financial guarantor of the self-supported applicant and bank statement
- Proof of Application fee payment
- Non-Criminal Record Report (If applicant is unable to provide this document, as a substitute, applicant should explain the situation and provide a non-criminal record commitment in handwriting)
- Integrity Commitment Letter to ensure the authenticity of all the application materials you provide.
International4435 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4435 EUR per year during 30 months.
National4435 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4435 EUR per year during 30 months.
- 35,000 Yuan/Yr.
Living costs for Beijing
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.