The North American Studies programme of University of Bonn offers you a unique variety of potential specializations, all made possible by cooperations with various institutes at the University of Bonn and the University of Cologne. Our MA program allows you to conduct original research for your MA thesis while undergoing systematic training in transdisciplinary scholarly work and debate in these areas
- North American literature and culture; theories of literary, cultural and media studies;
- US and Canadian political systems, foreign policies; international politics; political theory and history of ideas;
- US and Canadian micro- and macroeconomics;
- History of North American societies, African-American history, gender history, and postcolonial studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Literature and Theory
- Processes and Practices of Popular Culture
- Transdisciplinary Perspectives
- Professional and Intercultural Competence
- Research in Dialogue
- Foreign Policy and International Relations
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesAmerican Studies View 14 other Masters in American Studies in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- High school diploma
- Bachelor degree certificate (if not yet available, this upload must be replaced with the Transcript of Records!)
- Transcript of Records / Performance Overview
- C1 proficiency in English (documented by, e.g., a B.A. program taught entirely in English, minimum scores of TOEFL iBT 94/IELTS 7.0)
- B1/B2 proficiency in German at the time of enrollment (documented by, e.g., DSH-1, TestDaF score of TDN3)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.