Computational and Applied Mathematics from Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU) is designed for students who appreciate to use rigorous mathematical analysis or scientific computing to predict phenomena or to optimize processes in the sciences or in engineering.
Students at Computational and Applied Mathematics from Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU) will:
- acquire a firm grounding in mathematical modeling and applied analysis as well as in high performance computing.
- learn to derive mathematical models and to reflect upon their properties and limitations.
- Modeling and Applied Analysis (MApA),
- Numerical Analysis and Simulation (NASi),
- Optimization (Opti).
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 23 other Masters in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The requirement for admission to the Master’s degree programme is a good Bachelor’s degree in a mathematical programme, or in a closely related field with a substantial content of mathematical courses (at least 45 ECTS).
- Since all the mandatory and mandatory elective modules are taught in English, an English certificate CEFR B2 is required, except if your university entrance qualification or the Bachelor’s degree was acquired in an anglophone programme, or if you had 6 years of English lessons at a German secondary school.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
FAU does not charge tuition fees. However, each semester students must pay semester fees.
Living costs for Erlangen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.