Advanced Signal Processing and Communications Engineering from Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU) focuses on interdisciplinary concepts that are fundamental for advanced technologies in the areas of signal processing and communications. Besides information theory, coding, and statistical signal processing, these are machine learning, optimization, and game theory.
Students at Advanced Signal Processing and Communications Engineering from Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU) will:
- deepen the broad interdisciplinary scope of these topics choosing various areas of specialization.
- benefit from the strong connection and networking for more opportunities.
- be well-equipped to succeed in their study and career.
- Mathematical Optimization for Communications and Signal Processing
- Information Theory and Coding
- Statistical Signal Processing
- Game Theory with Applications to Information Engineering
- Machine Learning in Signal Processing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesCommunications Engineering View 9 other Masters in Communications Engineering in Germany
- Outstanding graduates are invited to apply for the next winter semester. ASC promotes the professional equality of women and therefore urges women to apply.
- Minimum grade requirement is a Bachelor’s degree above average: at least 2.0 (straight B) in German grading system.
- your Curriculum Vitae (CV) including a passport picture
- your secondary school’s leaving certificate and university entrance certificate (certified English or German version)
- Bachelor’s Degree and Academic Transcripts (certified English or German version)
- TOEFL score report (minimum score IBT 80, PBT 547, CBT 210) or other proof of English-language education (IELTS 5.5, level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, or Medium of Instruction Certificate e.g.)
- APS certificate (China)
- GRE test results (if any)
- certificates for German language courses or tests (optional)
- recommendation letters of two of your academic teachers that have known you well (optional)
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
The FAU does not charge tuition fees. However, each semester students must pay a fee for student services (52 EUR) and public transportation (75 EUR).
Living costs for Erlangen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.