The focus is on combining language analysis with historical, sociological, philosophical or political science research. In addition, there is the close interlocking with digital and informatic approaches.
A central point is the handling of research data, their processing and digital analysis. Research data in the humanities and social sciences are essentially spoken language and written texts. The Data and Discourse Studies course at Darmstadt University of Technology focuses on how these data are collected, organized, analyzed, and interpreted.
- Data and Discourse Studies
- Research in the Humanities and Social Sciences
- Digital Linguistics or Digital Literary Studies or Sociology
- Discourse Analysis Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconometrics Statistics Data Science & Big Data View 32 other Masters in Econometrics in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Darmstadt University of Technology and/or in Germany, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Requirements for admission to the Master’s degree programme are comprised of a “Bachelor of Arts” or “Bachelor or Science degree” from the same programme or an equivalent degree. Admission to the Master’s Degree programme may also depend on additional requirements.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Semester and administration fees are payable to TU Darmstadt every semester.
Living costs for Darmstadt
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.