- Today’s society relies on computing and Internet technology, creating a high demand for internet security products and services as well as people with the knowledge and expertise to design, implement and manage secure internet applications. While this pathway is mostly technical in focus, you will also learn about the business context and develop interpersonal skills that are vital to problem solving in business.
- You will study the following three common modules with all computing master’s students; Modern Computer Architecture, Visual Object Software, and Databases. These modules cover the fundamental principles that you will need to be able to move on to a more specialised range of modules. Some of the optional modules listed below are only offered according to staff availability and student numbers. However, Internet Programming and Internet Security modules are specifically, offered to all students on this specialised pathway.
When you graduate from this Computing (Internet Technology and Security) MSc from the University of Northampton you will be able to embark upon a range of careers in the broad IT and computing industry. There is a continuing demand for well-trained staff in this industry.
Some examples of job roles include:
- Information Technology Manager, Chief Technology Officer, Chief Information Officer, Lead Information Architect , Chief Information Security Officer/Analyst, Information Security Risk Officer, Project Manager, Lead Web Programmer/Developer/Designer, Lead Software Developer, Information Security Consultant, Cyber Security Manager , Source Code Auditor, IT Security Operations Specialist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Internet Programming
- Internet Security
- Visual Object Software
- Modern Computer Architecture
- Immersive Technologies
- Modelling for Serious Games
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Cyber Security View 662 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
- Applicants will normally hold a recognised first or second class honours degree from a UK university or international equivalent in a relevant subject. You are expected to have a working knowledge of computers and networks and it is essential that you have practical hands-on experience of at least one programming language.
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7470 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7470 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK Part Time: £830 (per 20 credits)
Living costs for Northampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.