In the Language and Linguistics, Greek program from Lund University you will meet and study together with students from a number of different fields of specialisation. The languages of instruction are English and the language corresponding to the field of your specialisation. The Centre for Languages and Literature offers students access to the most modern resources for research and education.
Specialisation in Greek
In the specialisation in Greek, students follow the development of the Greek language and Greek literature from antiquity to the Middle Ages. The programme involves both the study of texts from various epochs and of the influence exercised by Greek on other languages and on the Medieval and modern culture of Europe. Further, Humanist Greek texts will be studied. The specialisation consists of courses both directly related to and outside of the core subject.
With a Master´s degree in Language and Linguistics, you are attractive for employers looking for a highly qualified individual with expert knowledge in communication in general, and in language in particular. An international MA in Language and Linguistics also provides you with the academic background you need in order to apply for doctoral studies in languages and linguistics.
- Compulsory courses common to all specialisations: Philosophy of Science for Linguists, Fundamental Linguistic Methods;
- Compulsory courses for each specialisation, and a Master’s degree thesis;
- Elective courses, to be selected from a list available from the programme coordinator.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
You should apply between mid-October to 15 January for studies starting in the autumn semester
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 35 other Masters in Languages in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor’s degree with a major in Greek (corresponding to a Swedish major with 90 credits in the subject).
- A Bachelor degree thesis and/or other independently written academic papers within this subject. The word count for these written samples of work should be between 6000 and 8000 words in total, or longer if the BA thesis itself is longer (excluding the references and possible appendices).
- English 6/English Course B.
International10703 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21407 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Full programme/course tuition fee: SEK 220 000
Living costs for Lund
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.