At Biomedical Engineering - Mastertrack Chemical Biology, Materials and Nanomedicine from Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) we approach biomedical problems from a molecular perspective. Researchers simulate extant biological systems, so as to build upon them and for example develop new materials with new functions or properties. Another category of research involves decoding the molecular mechanisms behind diseases such as Alzheimer's disease and Creutzfeldt-Jakob.
- After acquiring a Master's degree in Biomedical or Medical Engineering, there is a broad perspective in job offers. Besides becoming a researcher, you could for example become a developer, project manager, teacher, consultant or business developer.
- Graduates can work among others at universities, in hospitals, in pharmaceutical companies or engineering companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Tracks in the master’s program Biomedical Engineering:
- Regenerative engineering,
- Regenerative medicine and technology
- Biomechanics and mechanobiology,
- Chemical biology, materials and nanomedicine,
- Biomedical imaging and modelling,
- Medical imaging
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Nanoscience and Nanotechnology View 23 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) and/or in Netherlands, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Certified copies of your Bachelor's degree in the original language.
- Certified/authenticated translation (to English or Dutch) of your degree and academic transcript (if necessary)
- Proof of language proficiency in English
- A copy of your passport
- A concise description of subjects from your previous degree(s).
- Résumé / curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter
- Two letters of reference
- A summary of your dissertation (in English)
- Proof that you application fee has been transferred to TU/e or proof of Dutch nationality.
- Proof of financial means.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16700 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Eindhoven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.