The Language and Linguistics, Arabic Semitic Languages program from Lund University offers training that combines a breadth in linguistics with a specialisation in Arabic. The Arabic language specialisation focuses on the structure and use of Standard Arabic. It offers the students an opportunity to engage in advanced study of the rich and multi-faceted Arabic literature, from pre-Islamic poetry to medieval scientific and philosophical works to modern texts. By way of guided readings and content analysis of primary-source texts, students understanding of the language and the ability to identify and handle advanced problems of interpretation are increased.
With a Master´s degree in Language and Linguistics, you are attractive for employers looking for a highly qualified individual with specialised knowledge in communication and language. An international MA in Language and Linguistics also provides you with the academic background you need in order to apply for doctoral studies in languages and linguistics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The Master of Arts programme consists of the following:
- Compulsory courses common to all specialisations: Philosophy of Science for Linguists, Fundamental Linguistic Methods;
- Compulsory courses for each specialisation, and a Master’s degree thesis;
- Elective courses, to be selected from a list available from the programme coordinator.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 31 other Masters in Linguistics in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Have been awarded a Bachelor's degree from an internationally recognised university.
- Be able to demonstrate proficiency in English by means of an internationally recognised test, e.g. TOEFL, IELTS or the equivalent.
- There may be some other country specific requirements.
International10445 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20891 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- Local currency: SEK 220 000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.