This Fine Art postgraduate programme from the University of Northampton facilitates critical debate between artists working within and across media areas including painting, photography, digital imaging, printmaking, sculpture, installation and site-specific art. Alongside your studio-based enquiry, you will undertake related research into the broader context of contemporary art practices and theoretical debates.
You will benefit from spacious and well-equipped facilities and links with galleries, including the Milton Keynes Gallery, NN Contemporary (Northampton), Corby Cube Gallery and Rugby Museum and Art Gallery. The course often offers international study trips, typically one European option and one long-haul destination. Recent visits have included France, Italy, Spain, India, Vietnam and the USA.
As well as the existing connections between this course and regional galleries and art organisations, you are encouraged to engage with external activities and events, nationally and internationally. A group of MA Fine Art students also attended a printmaking residency at the world-renowned Frans Masereel Centrum in Belgium.
- Study Abroad Opportunities
- Bookable Installation Spaces
- Etching and Screen-Printing Facilities
- When you start this course, you will begin with the module ‘Extended Fine Art Practice and Research Methodologies’ to give you a grounding in different research-based methods in Fine Art.
- You will have access to comprehensive specialist resources with technical instruction and support. The research-active staff provide continual mentoring to help you position your practice within professional cultural environments, arts-related employment or higher-level academic research.
- The teaching staff have a broad range of research interests reflecting the disciplines available on the course, and all staff are practicing artists who publish and exhibit nationally and internationally. Visiting speakers have included renowned artists such as Richard Long, Marcus Harvey, Simon Callery, Ian Davenport, Mark Francis, Lisa Milroy, Richard Deacon, Svetlana Fialova, Richard Patterson, Ian McKeever, Dan Hays along with innovative arts organisations such as Artangel.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Fine Arts View 374 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Northampton and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants will normally have an honours degree with a first or upper second classification in Fine Art. Under exceptional circumstances, other candidates will be considered. Applicants whose first language is not English may be required to demonstrate proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Prospective students should present a portfolio of work together with supporting evidence that is representative of their current creative practice.
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7470 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7470 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK Part Time: £830 per 20 credit module
Living costs for Northampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.