The drive towards Sustainable Buildings’ Design and High Performance buildings is significantly growing. This is down to a number of key factors which are having a huge impact on the building and construction sectors – such as concerns over climate change and energy independence.
This BIM-Enabled Sustainable Buildings MSc course from the University of Northampton is uniquely focusing on passive design, efficient building services systems design, advanced building simulation techniques and occupants’ health and comfort, combined with the theories and practice of BIM in design and construction allowing you the opportunity to obtain a highly regarded industry BIM degree.
BIM-Enabled Sustainable Buildings MSc will provide the basis for a range of career opportunities. This course offers multi-disciplinary modules which provides the opportunity for those with different backgrounds and interest in becoming BIM specialists – ranging from specialists in sustainable buildings’ design, high performance buildings’ design, and advanced building simulation techniques to gain a postgraduate qualification.
In a construction era dominated by the Digital Built Environment, BIM, High-Performance and Sustainable, Climate Responsive Low-to-Zero Emission Buildings, this course will provide you with the knowledge and skills needed and enhance your career prospects within these emerging sectors.
This course is also offering research-led teaching combined with industry experience – supported by a close working relationship with a number of ongoing BIM research projects in the UK and abroad, as well as collaborating with a wide range of international industrial partners.
With this master’s degree qualification, you will be able to stand in a good position to attract jobs as a specialist in BIM and/or Environmental Design Engineering, and/or in Building Performance and Energy – in the following sectors:
- Architectural technology
- Construction and Civil Engineering
- Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing services (MEP) Engineering
- Heating, Ventilation and Air-conditioning (HVAC) Engineering
- Technicians, Contractors, Subcontractors, Fabricators and Manufacturers
- You will be also qualified to be a BIM manager, or Facilities and Operations manager (FM & OM)
- BIM Theory and Project Management
- Federated BIM Models
- BIM-Enabled Sustainable Design (Energy and Buildings)
- Efficient Building Service Systems
- Sustainable Buildings Design for Climate Change Mitigation
- Building Simulation and Post Occupancy Evaluation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction Industrial Design View 270 other Masters in Architecture in United Kingdom
- A 2:2 honours degree or above in an appropriate construction discipline (e.g. architecture, architectural technology, civil, mechanical, electrical engineering, surveying etc.) and 3 years relevant industrial experience
- Alternatively, applicant must be a corporate member of a relevant professional body including 3 years of relevant industrial experience
- Relevant industrial experience may also be accepted on a case-by-case basis.
International16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8010 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8010 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK Part Time: £890 per 20 credits
Living costs for Northampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.