At Physics of Condensed Matter and Materials from Charles University the students can select one of the following specializations: Physics of atomic and electronic structures, Physics of macromolecular compounds, Physics of materials, Low temperature physics, Physics of surface modifications. Each of these blocks provides a general education in condensed matter physics at the contemporary level of knowledge and shapes the graduate in selected specialization.
Students at Physics of Condensed Matter and Materials from Charles University will:
- acquire a broad education in the fundamentals of quantum theory, thermodynamics and statistical physics of condensed systems and the corresponding computing methods.
- be able to describe the structure of the systems in different forms, their mechanical, electrical, magnetic and optical properties.
- have a general knowledge of experimental methods of characterizing the structure, composition and properties of condensed compounds through for example diffraction, spectroscopic and microscopic techniques
- be able to find suitable positions in institutions of basic physical, chemical and biomedical research, universities, applied research laboratories, testing laboratories, and in hygiene and ecology institutions.
- Condensed matter physics,
- Kinetic theory of gases,
- Plasma physics.
- Atomic and electronic structure of matter,
- Basics of quantum physics,
- Experimental methods in condensed matter physics.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Physics View 13 other Masters in Physics in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Charles University and/or in Czech Republic, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- hold or be working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s diploma and provide a certified copy thereof;
- have sufficient command of the English language; this can be demonstrated by providing your results in one of the standardized English tests that we recognize
- a statement of purpose in which you describe your reasons for applying to the proposed programme, your study, and possibly also research interests and future career plans;
- letters of recommendation from professors and employers who can comment on your recent professional accomplishments and your qualifications for pursuing a master’s degree in mathematics or computer science.
- Fill in the application form
- Submit the application form together with all the documents the faculty requires.
- Pay the application fee.
International5395 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5395 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3237 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3237 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Students from the EU is 84 000 CZK per academic year.
- International students tuition is 140000 CZK per academic year.
Living costs for Prague
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.