Optics and Optoelectronics from Charles University study is based on comprehensive courses of theoretical and experimental particle and nuclear physics, based on extensive courses of quantum mechanics and quantum field theory. The emphasis is put on mastering the relevant computational techniques and managing the methods of acquisition and evaluation of experimental data, including an efficient use of computing and advanced software tools. With the aid of optional courses and the Master thesis project, the students gain deep knowledge in a selected area and choose orientation to theory or experiment.
Students at Optics and Optoelectronics from Charles University will:
- have a sound theoretical and experimental knowledge of classical and quantum optics and optoelectronics.
- master the mathematical modelling of physical processes in optics and optoelectronics.
- apply the knowledge and competences they have gained in research and scientific activities in optical disciplines as well as in a large number of fields where optics or optical spectroscopy are used (biology, chemistry, medicine).
- Molecular physics,
- Electricity and magnetism,
- Theoretical mechanics,
- Statistical physics,
- Atomic physics,
- Quantum theory.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Physics Electronics & Embedded Technology View 13 other Masters in Physics in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- hold or be working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s diploma and provide a certified copy thereof;
- have sufficient command of the English language; this can be demonstrated by providing your results in one of the standardized English tests that we recognize
- a statement of purpose in which you describe your reasons for applying to the proposed programme, your study, and possibly also research interests and future career plans;
- letters of recommendation from professors and employers who can comment on your recent professional accomplishments and your qualifications for pursuing a master’s degree in mathematics or computer science.
- Fill in the application form
- Submit the application form together with all the documents the faculty requires.
- Pay the application fee.
International5395 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5395 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3237 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3237 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Students from the EU is 84 000 CZK per academic year.
- International students tuition is 140000 CZK per academic year.
Living costs for Prague
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.