At Mathematics for Information Technologies from Charles University the student can specialize either in Mathematics for Information Security or in Computer Geometry.Mathematics for Information Security focuses on deepening theoretical knowledge of number theory, probability theory, theory of boolean functions, complexity theory, theory of elliptic curves, and computer algebra applied to some of these subjects. Attention is also given to practical aspects such as internet security, standards in cryptography, and legal aspects of data security.
Students at Mathematics for Information Technologies from Charles University will:
have a broad knowledge of advanced algebra, geometry, logic, and their applications in IT, and can use it to solve advanced problems of mathematical information security and computer geometry.
be well-acquainted with both present and prospective systems of data security and encryption.
have a deep knowledge of algebra and geometry, subjects that are applied in information technologies processing geometric information and data.
be well-prepared for various jobs in information technologies where understanding and processing new knowledge and big data is needed. They are also prepared for an academic career.
- Language Technologies and Computational Linguistics,
- Discrete Models and Algorithms,
- Visual Computing and Game Development,
- Software and Data Engineering,
- Software Systems,
- Artificial Intelligence
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Artificial Intelligence View 8 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- hold or be working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s diploma and provide a certified copy thereof;
- have sufficient command of the English language; this can be demonstrated by providing your results in one of the standardized English tests that we recognize (see below for details).
- a statement of purpose in which you describe your reasons for applying to the proposed programme, your study, and possibly also research interests and future career plans;
- letters of recommendation from professors and employers who can comment on your recent professional accomplishments and your qualifications for pursuing a master’s degree in mathematics or computer science.
- Fill in the application form
- Submit the application form together with all the documents the faculty requires.
- Pay the application fee.
International5395 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5395 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3237 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3237 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Students from the EU is 84 000 CZK per academic year.
- International students tuition is 140000 CZK per academic year.
Living costs for Prague
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.