Our students at University of Waterloo explore topics such as Actuarial Science, Biostatistics, Data Science, Quantitative Finance, Statistics, & Statistics-Computing.
Graduate research fields
- Computational Statistics
- Industrial Statistics
- Statistical Theory and Methods
- Master's Research Paper
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Statistics Actuarial Science View 34 other Masters in Actuarial Science in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Waterloo and/or in Canada, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A four-year Honours Bachelor degree with a significant statistics and/or actuarial science component.
- An overall 78% average from a Canadian university (or its equivalent).
- An interview may be required.
- Three references, normally from academic sources
- Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable. TOEFL 90 (writing 25, speaking 25), IELTS 7.0 (writing 6.5, speaking 6.5)
International14508 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7254 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National4508 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2254 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Waterloo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.