A broad range of courses are offered, covering the spectrum of pure mathematics. As well, students are welcome to take relevant courses in other departments in the University.
- Each Pure Mathematics program at University of Waterloo is tailored to the needs and interests of the individual students. Many of our graduates become university mathematics professors. Some study advanced mathematics as a foundation for more applied studies.
- Other common careers for our graduates are in the computer industry, teaching at the high school or college level, or in business, particularly the financial industry. There is no shortage of intellectually rewarding jobs for Pure Mathematics graduates.
- With over 80 faculty, postdoctoral fellows and graduate students in the department, there is a huge level of research activity covering a wide range of topics in pure mathematics. Our web site also contains information on current research interests.
- Additional information can be found on individual faculty members' web sites. There are regular departmental seminars in analysis, geometry and topology, number theory, algebra, logic and universal algebra, as well as a colloquia series in which we invite highly regarded mathematicians to speak about their work to a general mathematical audience.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Financial Mathematics View 10 other Masters in Financial Mathematics in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An Honours Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Mathematics with at least a 78% standing.
- Three references, at least two academic
- Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable. TOEFL 90 (writing 25, speaking 25), IELTS 7.0 (writing 6.5, speaking 6.5)
International14508 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7254 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National4508 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2254 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Waterloo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.