Mathematical Structures from Charles University is designed to offer a fairly general overview of modern structural mathematics as well as leading the student towards an independent creative work. The emphasis is on areas in which we have lecturers that are on top of their fields.
Students at Mathematical Structures from Charles University will:
- have advanced knowledge of algebra, geometry, combinatorics and mathematical logic.
- understand and contribute to recent research.
- analyse, structure and solve various problems of complex and abstract nature.
- function well in various positions where it is required to understand and to be able to use new advances and large systems.
- Riemann Surfaces
- Categories of Modules and Homological Algebra
- Lattice Theory
- Curves and Function Fields
- Seminar on Differential Geometry
- Group Representations
- Binary Systems
- Representation Theory of Finite-Dimensional Algebras
- Combinatorics on Words
- Logic and Complexity
- Invariant Theory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Financial Mathematics View 15 other Masters in Mathematics in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Hold or be working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s diploma and provide a certified copy thereof;
- Have sufficient command of the English language; this can be demonstrated by providing your results in one of the standardized English tests that we recognize
- Fill in the application form
- Submit the application form together with all the documents the faculty requires.
- Pay the application fee.
International5395 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5395 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3237 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3237 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Students from the EU is 84 000 CZK per academic year.
- International students tuition is 140000 CZK per academic year.
Living costs for Prague
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.