With Financial and Insurance Mathematics from Charles University the graduate is capable to construct financial and insurance products and analyze them from the point of view of profit and risk. The graduates of Financial and Insurance Mathematics have education which is necessary to obtain certificate of competence to execute the actuarial practice in the international context.
Students at Financial and Insurance Mathematics from Charles University will:
- have a deep knowledge of basic mathematical disciplines and a special knowledge of probability and mathematical statistics, stochastic processes, mathematical methods in finance, life and nonlife insurance, advanced parts of financial management, risk theory, accounting (including accounting of insurance companies) and modeling of progressive software systems.
- be capable to model financial and insurance products and perform their analysis from the point of view of profit and other characteristics which are necessary for effective financial management.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mathematics of Non-Life Insurance
- Selected Software Tools for Finance and Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Probability for Finance and Insurance
- Insurance Companies Accounting
- Risk Theory
- Stochastic Models for Finance and Insurance
- Advanced Topics of Financial Management
- Linear Regression
- Stochastic Processes
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Finance Financial Mathematics View 15 other Masters in Mathematics in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Hold or be working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s diploma and provide a certified copy thereof;
- Have sufficient command of the English language; this can be demonstrated by providing your results in one of the standardized English tests that we recognize (see below for details).
- Fill in the application form
- Submit the application form together with all the documents the faculty requires.
- Pay the application fee.
International5395 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5395 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3237 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3237 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Students from the EU is 84 000 CZK per academic year.
- International students tuition is 140000 CZK per academic year.
Living costs for Prague
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.