These three leading research universities with complementary expertise in the field of Fire Safety Engineering (FSE) join together at Lund University with the main objective of creating an educational programme that defines the required knowledge for a professional fire safety engineer, capable of developing a Performance Based Design (PBD).
The three Full Partner IMFSE universities are leading European institutions in the field of fire safety, providing both educational programmes and high-level research. Ghent aims at general FSE, Lund is recognised in enclosure fire dynamics, CFD modelling, human behavior during fires and evacuation and towards methods for risk assessment, and Edinburgh is the developer of the first curriculum in structural Fire Safety Engineering.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fire Dynamics
- Basics of Structural Engineering
- Thermodynamics, Heat and Mass Transfer
- Explosions and industrial fire safety
- FSE Based Firefighting
- Modelling of Turbulence and Combustion
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Computional Fluid Dynamics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEmergency & Disaster Management
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To meet the entry requirements for Master's level studies, you must:
- have been awarded a Bachelor's degree from an internationally recognised university
- be able to demonstrate proficiency in English by means of an internationally recognised test, e.g. TOEFL, IELTS or the equivalent.
- there may be some other country specific requirements
International7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Partner Country students is set to € 10,000 per year.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.