World Indigenous Studies in Education from Queen's University is offered part-time blended (online and on-campus) for students with experience in Aboriginal communities or World Indigenous issues. The first summer of the program is on-campus at Queen's University and the remaining courses are online.
Students at World Indigenous Studies in Education from Queen's University will:
- develop as leaders in education through teaching, research, and professional collaboration.
- have an impact locally, nationally and internationally by working with our expert researchers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Curriculum Design and Implementation
- Understanding Curriculum
- Contemporary Curriculum Theory
- Scholarly Writing and Dissemination
- Assessment of Student Growth and Achievement
- Topics in Literacy Education
- Second/Foreign Language Education
- Adult Education
- Improving the Art of Teaching
- Learning as Transformation
- Psychological Foundations of Learning
- Development of Language and Literacy
- Inclusion of Exceptional Learners
- Psychology of Reading
- Psychology of Exceptionalities
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Area & Cultural Studies Ethnic Studies View 100 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Canada
- Professional experience in Aboriginal and/or world indigenous education or a related field, a B.Ed. degree or its equivalent, and a minimum of a B- (70 - 72.9%) average in a Bachelor's degree or its equivalent; OR
- Two years of professional experience in Aboriginal and/or world indigenous education or a related field, and a minimum of a B- (70 - 72.9%)average in a Bachelor's Honours degree or its equivalent; OR
- A B.Ed. degree and a background in Aboriginal and/or world indigenous issues, and a minimum of a mid-B (73 - 76.9%) average in a Bachelor's degree or its equivalent; OR
- Demonstrated significant professional experience in Aboriginal and/or indigenous education or related field
- Letters of Recommendation
- Application Fee
- Language Requirements
International2218 CAD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2218 CAD per module during 36 months.
National996 CAD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 996 CAD per module during 36 months.
Living costs for Kingston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.