Computing - Biomedical Informatics from Queen's University teaches you about transforming and how health care is approached and delivered through big data is the goal of our two new professional programs: a graduate diploma and a master's in Biomedical Informatics.
- Chief Information Officers (CIOs)
- Chief Medical Information Officers (CMIOs)
- Chief Medical Officers (CMOs)
- Chief Nursing Information Officers (CNIOs)
- Biomedical and clinical research, including the application of genomics and molecular biology
- Clinical Informaticist
- Consumer health and Public health
- Directors of Medical Informatics
- Project managers & designers
- Programmers & analysts
- Health information technology (HIT) educators, trainers, consultants
- Medical / technical writers
- Nursing informatics specialists
- Account representatives
- Data Base Management Systems
- Pattern Recognition
- Data Mining
- Cloud Computing
- Principle of Drug Discovery and Development
- Protein Structure and Function
- Advanced Molecular Biology
- Advances in Neuropharmacology
- Mechanistic Toxicology
- Cardiovascular Sciences
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Informatics & Information Technology Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 46 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in Canada
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Queen's University and/or in Canada, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Minimum of a BSc (Honours) degree in biology, life sciences, biochemistry, medical sciences, computer science, biostatistics, engineering, and related disciplines
- The minimum acceptable average for admissions to these programs is B+ in the third and fourth years of the student’s undergraduate program (all courses considered).
- Students applying from outside of North America whose native language is not English are required to submit TOEFL scores.
- Letters of Recommendation
- Application Fee
International25525 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25525 CAD per year during 12 months.
National9351 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9351 CAD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Kingston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.