Geographic Information Science from Queen's University focuses on aspects of human geography (disease modeling, mapping of human impacts on the environment, resource optimization, contemporary and historical cartography).
Students at Geographic Information Science from Queen's University will gain knowledge in:
- biophysical remote sensing,
- image processing,
- land use planning,
- social engagement
- Conceptual and Methodological Basis of Geography
- Geography Research Seminar
- Measurement in Climatology
- Cultural Geography
- The Geography of Energy
- Advanced Studies in Earth System Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Climate Studies & Meteorology Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 50 other Masters in Geography in Canada
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Queen's University and/or in Canada, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Prospective students in the MA or MSC stream should hold an Honours Bachelors degree or equivalent, with minimum high second-class standing (B+ average of all courses).
- In addition to the material submitted online, you must complete a Statement of Research Interest and a Curriculum Vitae
- If English is not your native language, prospective students must meet the English language proficiency requirements in writing, speaking, reading, and listening.
- Letters of Recommendation
- Application Fee
International15096 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15096 CAD per year during 24 months.
National7185 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7185 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Kingston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.