Geographic Information Science from Queen's University focuses on aspects of human geography (disease modeling, mapping of human impacts on the environment, resource optimization, contemporary and historical cartography).
Students at Geographic Information Science from Queen's University will gain knowledge in:
- biophysical remote sensing,
- image processing,
- land use planning,
- social engagement
- Conceptual and Methodological Basis of Geography
- Geography Research Seminar
- Measurement in Climatology
- Cultural Geography
- The Geography of Energy
- Advanced Studies in Earth System Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Climate Studies & Meteorology Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 18 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in Canada
- Prospective students in the MA or MSC stream should hold an Honours Bachelors degree or equivalent, with minimum high second-class standing (B+ average of all courses).
- In addition to the material submitted online, you must complete a Statement of Research Interest and a Curriculum Vitae
- If English is not your native language, prospective students must meet the English language proficiency requirements in writing, speaking, reading, and listening.
- Letters of Recommendation
- Application Fee
International12927 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12927 CAD per year during 24 months.
National5773 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5773 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Kingston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.