Political and Legal Thought from Queen's University builds on the close connections that exist at Queen’s between the Departments of Philosophy and Political Studies and the Faculty of Law. It provides an exciting opportunity for interdisciplinary engagement with leading scholars in a lively intellectual community.
Students at Political and Legal Thought from Queen's University will gain knowledge in:
- global justice,
- ethics and animals,
- just war theory,
- feminism and the law,
- human rights.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Feminisms, critical social theory, gender and sexuality
- Criminal law theory
- Hermeneutics and education
- Justice and the biomedical sciences, ideal/non-ideal theory
- Practical ethics, political philosophy
- Moral psychology and moral theory
- Animals and political theory, multiculturalism, citizenship
- Distributive justice, democracy, public reason, libertarianism
- Identity politics, critical theory, feminist theory
- Human rights, distributive
- Global justice and responsibility
- International human rights, international criminal law
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEuropean Law International Law Political Science View 11 other Masters in International Law in Canada
- JD/LLB with a B+ average normally required.
- On-line application (currently $110 fee)
- Two Recommendations
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume.
- Statement of Objectives
- Research Proposal
- Writing samples
- English-Language Proficiency
International12927 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12927 CAD per year during 12 months.
National5773 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5773 CAD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Kingston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.