The programme is comprehensive in coverage of tools and methods needed to understand complex topics related to economic policies, international economic relations, and specialised areas of economics.
The ability to analyse these problems and formulate ad hoc solutions will allow participants to embark on successful careers in analytical and managerial positions within governmental organisations and public administration, local, international institutions, the financial sector, companies and research institutions.
The Applied Economics programme from Technical University of Ostrava, offers high-quality education in economics, with a focus on practical applications in economics and business. By participating in the programme, the graduates gain wide suitability to job requirements in the public and private sector, at both national and international level.
Selected job positions of graduates of the programme typically include:
- advisor and manager in national and international institutions and organisations;
- economic advisor and head of public administration and local government institutions;
- bank and budget analyst in public administration, banks and large enterprises;
- labour market specialist / employment service analyst;
- director of businesses and institutions;
- manager in companies, consulting agencies, non-profit organisations, etc.;
- project specialist in preparation and implementation of national projects;
- researcher / assistant lecturer;
- economist in the private sector;
- This study programme will provide graduates with the opportunity to acquire specialised knowledge and practical skills, related to common areas as well as specific courses offered within either of two specialisations (Economic Development and International Economic Relations.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics View 25 other Masters in Economics in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Technical University of Ostrava and/or in Czech Republic, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- e-Application form
- Copies of graduation certificates (Diploma and Diploma Supplement or Transcript of Records)
- Recognition document of graduation certificate - official document to say that the degree is recognized in the Czech Republic
- Payment of Registration Fee 500 CZK per 1 study programme, it is non-refundable.
- Valid visa and passport.
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 24 months.
National4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Ostrava
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.